Tuesday, April 04, 2006

GATORS 73 UCLA 57

I can finally put some college basketball demons to rest. The Florida Gators are National Champs! A far cry from a 5-22 season my freshman year of 1982. http://www.gatorzone.com/basketball/men/media/2003/pdf/126.pdf
You will notice that there are not a whole lot of winning seasons until recently. But boy how one win makes up for an awful lot of L's. I don't like to brag, but I would say that my predictions from yesterday were pretty spot on. Final score - I predicted 72-60 - can't get much closer than that! 5 gators in double figures - 4 and one with 9. MVP - Joakim Noah. Not much to say except that the game of their lives and they played the game of their lives. Six turnovers??? Holding Aflallo to zero in the first half??? 5 Blocks by Noah in the first half??? They were spectacular and dominant. The second half was a barrage of 3's and dunks. No contest.
Congratulations to the University of Florida Gators 2006 NCAA National Basketball Champs! How bout them Gators!
May you rest in peace Norm Sloan.

No comments: