Monday, May 15, 2006
Eat, Drink and Watch a Basketball Game
My friend Ira invited me to the Nets-Heat game 3 on Friday night at the Continental Airlines Arena. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260512017 His wife received two tickets from a client and she was happy not to go. So off we went. Getting to the Meadowlands from central New Jersey is no easy feat, but it was a playoff game - Shaq, Wade, Kidd, and Carter - and the tickets were for a suite. For those of you who have never been to a game in a suite - well, it's kind of like having a party in your basement to watch a game on tv but you also have a full size basketball arena right there with 15,000 other people yelling and screaming and wishing they were in your basement because you have free food and free drinks and a tv to watch replays and another tv to watch the Yankees-Red Sox and your own private bathroom. They are called suites, but they should be called "Sweets"!!! There were hotdogs, beer, wine, soft drinks, chips, subs, and philly cheese steaks. And brownies and chocolate chip cookies for desert. Apparently there are other items - the suite owner gets to order whatever they would like. They said they ordered sushi, but they didn't get it. Nobody seemed to care. I'm 42 years old and I've been to two sporting events where I got to go to a suite - I can't seem to wonder what the kids that get to go to every game - and there were several - get as a special treat. If you already have what most people consider a once in a lifetime kind of thing on an every day basis, what do you consider a once in a lifetime thing? What do you get excited for? Do you have to be 50 yard line for the Super Bowl? In the dugout for the World Series? Oh well, I'll never know. I'm more than thrilled to be thrilled by getting some free food and drink and enjoying a great game with a great friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment